Sunday, October 5, 2008

In the name of full disclosure

I haven't updated this in a while and I have been in big trouble for it. Syd had a lot going on last week. Monday was her original due date, so we can actually start clocking her growth. She is developmentally where a newborn might and heading towards the growth charts for babies her age. I was kinda bummed about her being behind, but Aaron (oh wise one) was talking to her and told her how great it was that we got "bonus baby time" with her being born early. Really I had no idea that my usually sarcastic husband has such a sunny side.

Syd also had her two month vaccinations Tuesday. She is such a good girl. A little cry when the needles went in and then she was fine. Later that day she also had an appt with a pediatric ophthalmologist. Babies that are born premature or are on oxygen are often sent to check that their eyes have developed correctly. The doctor said she looked great and we could get her checked again at 6 months old. She has also gained quite a bit of weight. She is up to 7 lbs, 3 ounces.

Other than that she continues to charm us. She is awake more during that day so we get to see her pretty peepers. Right now she is snoozing on her Boppy pillow with her hands cradled under head.

I promise to do better in updating!!! All the following pictures were taken by Didi. She is very good!!

My vanity almost kept me from posting this one, but Sydney was just too cute.


"Really mommy? Not only are you making me wear this dress, but I have to pose too!!!"



This one is really a great picture.


She is like a little infant inmate in fashion prison.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! In Syd's pic with you she almost looks like she has chubby cheeks : ) She's getting so big! love you both
~ Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

This was my favorite set of pics because I got to see MOM'S smiling face too, and my dear, you look wonderful as a mother =). Parenthood really suits both you and Aaron. But, and I must say, the real star of the show is Syd...could she be any cuter? Little over achiever that she is...milestones conquered, weight gained, awake during the day! I'd say her determination is the result of really great genetics. Love you all!
Angela & Xavier

Anonymous said...

Syd is adorable and is definitely growing into her little body. How cute she is in that dress! Take care, Nanci & Mike