Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dirty Deeds

So the diaper count is now even, although I think that I should get extra credit for last night. We occasionally make it to the hospital when we get to do little things like take her temp or change a diaper. Last night it was my diaper turn and ick. As I am changing her she starts to poo...and keeps pooing....and keeps pooing...and keeps pooing. Its black and looks like something from a slasher movie. Aaron and Diann thought it was hilarious but I used like 400 wipes and two diapers. Through it all she just laid there with her eyes wide open, never fussing. The nurses tell us that you can already tell babies temperaments at this age and that Sydney is just a "go with the flow" baby. I am not holding out much hope since no child of Aaron and mine can possibly have an easy temperament.

She has gained more weight and is up to 3 pounds and 12 ounces. We are worried that she seems to be gaining weight too fast but the doctors and nurses think she will have a couple weight loss days and it will even out. Her thyroid test also came back normal so she seems to still be doing well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was funny...it was like a poo fountain, and she was kicking her little legs around trying to make Melissa's job more difficult than it already was!

Aaron said...

You knew you trailed in the Diaper Count, 3-2, when you posted that. Misrepresentation!!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there to see it all! They say "what goes round comes round", I'm sure Diann can relate with changing Aaron's diapers. The diaper count won't last too long - just too many diaper changes to come!! Give our baby a kiss and hug!!

Paw-Paw said...

Wish that I could be there I'll bet it was some thing to see, me & nanny will be up there in about two weeks. Nanny & Paw-Paw