Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This IS how I hold a football!!

I have been silent over the past few days but I have a really great excuse. Syd has made some big strides over the past couple of days and they require that I plant myself at the hospital for the better part of the day. She has been able to maintain her own temp and has moved to a big girl crib. No more scary looking isolette! She is being fed almost exclusively orally and should have her feeding tube out in the next couple of days. At that point all she will be hooked up to are her monitors. No more invasive tubing. Anyway the result of that is that Aaron and I try to be there for as many of her feeding opportunities as possible. However, they have great facilities in the satellite NICU (pump room. parents lounge, internet access) so it is pretty comfortable.

Sydney's next steps are to get to 100% oral feeding, a carseat test to make sure she can hold herself up to get home and to grow, grow, grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's our girl!! The news just keeps getting better and better. How much does Syd weigh now? I can hardly wait to see her next week!!! Love, Mom